Monday, September 3, 2012



#4: Response: Political Philosophy 

First off I am not one to talk about politics it bothers me and usually ends in a heated conversation, just like money. When taking the political test to see where I stood I honestly didn’t know which side I would lean to because in my opinion I don’t have a side and I don’t want a side. When I turned 18 I hesitated registering to vote because in all honesty I don’t care to make a decisions on a person I care for. I will share though that once I finally registered I registered as an independent because in my opinion I should not be told how to vote based on the way I am registered. Though the test said I lean more towards the left side I was rather close to the middle of both the left and right. Though I have some what of an opinion on politics I care not to. I think that our world is some what corrupted and I think that our government has a lot to do with it. Thus far we have discussed how our world is beginning to diminish and change for the bad and truthfully that is because our back bone is no back bone at all. I agreed with Mr. Benton’s response in that the way we believe in politics is a belief and a psychological feeling of some sort. It’s an individualistic point of view and should not be questioned any further. Though I believe that there are still people out there that vote for what is right not because they go more towards the left or right. It should be based on the common good of the people because at the end of the day we are the ones that have to live with it. Look at the former presidents they are living the high life with no worries with whatever it is they need while my parents and myself and many others go out everyday and work for not only them but the people that just choose not to do anything. There is no such thing as a common good anymore and in my opinion no such thing a a government that is the back bone of the people. It has become more about how are we going to get this money, fix other countries problems that we have no business fixing, and the campaign for the next four years. People don’t matter anymore, or at least thats how I feel. I’m sure that my opinion doesn’t go along with many others but Im only 20 but I’m already tired of taking care of others problems and being used by the people that are suppose to be here to protect and have my back. Who’s going to take care of me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment